Zucchini Beef Casserole
"Everyone in our family always asks me to make this quick-and-easy microwave recipe," relates Lisa Bales of Peru, Indiana. "I use it as a side when I need to take-along dish or as a light one-dish supper at home."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup Minute® White Rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Crumble beef into a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with
- garlic powder. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir.
- Heat 1-2 minutes longer or until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for
- 15-20 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender, stirring
- twice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 230 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 845 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as