Zucchini Beef Casserole Recipe
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup instant rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. Crumble beef into a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with garlic powder. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir. Heat 1-2 minutes longer or until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender, stirring twice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 230 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 845mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Zucchini Beef Casserole
"not big on microwaving food so did it stove top instead. quick and easy."
"Very good, but for my personal taste I would omit the soy sauce and use the juice from the canned tomatoes instead. Will make again! quick, easy & yummy!"
"I used a good quality ground turkey, shredded the zucchini and up'd the seasonings a bit and my kids ate it! They heard we were having a zucchini casserole and were dreading dinner until they tried it. It was fairly similar to a baked chop suey recipe we like. I also finished it on the stove. The liquid just wasn't absorbing so I boiled it off. Great "jumping off point" recipe than can be adapted for different tastes!"
"This was very good, I made it in a pan on the stove though"