Zucchini Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced halved zucchini
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place green beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the green beans, kidney beans, zucchini, green pepper and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, sugar, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 127 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Zucchini Bean Salad
"This was a good recipe. However, I made some changes. I eliminated the sugar, used olive oil instead of canola oil, no vinegar. We use mainly olive oil on our salads. Occasionally use balsamic vinegar."
"What a wonderful blend of vegetables and brine! Thank you for this delicious and healthy recipe!"
"I have made this many times, it is a hit as a covered dish to a cook out!"