Zucchini Bean Salad Recipe
A fun combination of good-for-you ingredients makes up Zucchini Bean Salad from Carol Waugh of Bellingham, Washington. It's fresh-tasting and tangy, thanks to the light coating of vinaigrette. You can make this salad ahead and chill for a few hours before serving.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced halved zucchini
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place green beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the green beans, kidney beans, zucchini, green pepper and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, sugar, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 127 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 315 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC