Zucchini Bean Salad Recipe
A fun combination of good-for-you ingredients makes up Zucchini Bean Salad from Carol Waugh of Bellingham, Washington. It's fresh-tasting and tangy, thanks to the light coating of vinaigrette. You can make this salad ahead and chill for a few hours before serving.
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced halved zucchini
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place green beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the green beans, kidney beans, zucchini, green pepper and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, sugar, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Bean Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2007, p59
Reviews for Zucchini Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2012
What a wonderful blend of vegetables and brine! Thank you for this delicious and healthy recipe!
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2008
I have made this many times, it is a hit as a covered dish to a cook out!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bean Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Salads >
- Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetable Salad Recipes >