I got this Zucchini Banana Bread recipe from a friend at work and now it's one of my favorites. It makes three small loaves, but they freeze very well. —Donna Hall, Wolfforth, Texas
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, beat the egg, bananas, oil and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and walnuts.
- Transfer to three 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Originally published as Zucchini Banana Bread in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p33
Reviews for Zucchini Banana Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review