Zucchini Bacon Quiche Recipe
I look forward to midsummer, when the zucchini is ready and I can prepare this yummy quiche. The crust is made with convenient refrigerated crescent rolls. My family has been enjoying this quiche for years. - Sheri Krueger Black Creek, Wisconsin
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 3 cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) part-skim shredded Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in a greased 10-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of plate to form a crust; seal perforations. Spread with mustard.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute zucchini and onion in drippings until tender. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, seasonings, bacon and zucchini mixture. Pour into crust.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges loosely with a foil if pastry browns too quickly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC