Zucchini Apple Salad
Pull out a beautiful glass bowl for presenting this salad of red applies and fresh, green zucchini. Everyone will enjoy its cool crunch, and you’ll like how quickly it comes together. —Lois Frazee, Gardnerville, Nevada
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium red apples, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, zucchini and walnuts. Add salad
- dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup (prepared with fat-free salad dressing) equals 114 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 383 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.