Zucchini Apple Crisp Recipe
I was delightfully surprised to find that a squash could taste identical to a fruit. What's more, this crisp is delicious!
- 8 cups sliced zucchini (cut like apple slices)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- 1. Place zucchini and lemon juice in a large saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender, about 15 minutes. Add nutmeg, sugar and cinnamon; blend until sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. For topping, combine brown sugar, flour, oats and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over zucchini. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 219 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC