Zucchini Apple Crisp Recipe
- 8 cups sliced zucchini (cut like apple slices)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- 1. Place zucchini and lemon juice in a large saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender, about 15 minutes. Add nutmeg, sugar and cinnamon; blend until sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. For topping, combine brown sugar, flour, oats and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over zucchini. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 cup: 219 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini Apple Crisp
"This is so good. everyone's reviews are correct, you would never know its not made with apples. I added a bit of maple and almond extract to mine, it turned out fantastic. absolutely will make again. I also halved the recipe and turned out great."
"This was fantastic!! My family loved it. You would never know it was made with zucchini & not apples!! Fooled everyone!!"
"this really does taste like apple crisp. I took it in to work and they asked me how i made it taste like apples"
"I had tasted this recipe before, but when my cousin came we made it. She couldn't believe how much like apples it tasted--she made such a big deal about it that we had to tell my husband it wasn't apples. :)"
"Very easy to make and truly does taste like apples. No one would ever know! A great way to use up some of my bumper crop."
"I HAVE BEEN MAKING THIS dessert FOR SEVERAL YEARS. MY HUSBAND LOVES IT. HE IS AN APPLE FAN. IT IS AMAZING THAT IT TASTES LIKE APPLES."
"Holy Smokes! this desert is absolutely fantastic. My family and friends were in disbelief when I told them no apples were in the recipe. I will make this forever!"