Zucchini Apple Bread Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup grated peeled apples
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Add the oil, sugars and vanilla; beat until blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, pecans and apples.
- 2. Transfer to three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice: 246 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini Apple Bread
"My Zucchini recipe dosen't call for apples either, but I do put drained crushed pineapple in mine (1/2 cup drained)Doris1407"
"My recipe for zucchini bread doesn't call for apples, but I'm sure you can add them. This weekend I baked up 5 mini loaves for my parents - mom is 81 and just had her 2nd heart attack in 22 years and has been diagnosed diabetic, Dad has been diabetic for a few years now. I totally replaced the oil with unsweetened applesauce and dropped the sugar from 1 1/4 cups to 3/4 cup. It tasted just as good - adding grated apples would make it even sweeter. Using the mini loaves and freezing them gives my parents just enough to eat in a couple of days and they can pull one out of the freezer every couple weeks to a month to have a home baked bread."
"can you bake with splenda when you are diabetic?"