Zucchini Apple Bread Recipe
“Help!” cries Kathy Strawser from Dunkirk, New York. “I love to bake Zucchini Apple Bread but since I've been diagnosed as diabetic, I think this recipe calls for too much sugar.”
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup grated peeled apples
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Add the oil, sugars and vanilla; beat until blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, pecans and apples.
- 2. Transfer to three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice equals 246 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini Apple Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC