- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon aniseed
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, combine oil, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in zucchini, walnuts, raisins and carrot. Spoon into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Zucchini Anise Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p15
Reviews for Zucchini Anise Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2015
"I grow zucchini each year and like to try new recipes. This is absolutely a must for baking. Love it and my friends love it. The carrots, raisins, walnuts and zucchini makes it a great breakfast treat!"