Zucchini and Potato Pancakes Recipe
I found this recipe years ago while searching for new ways to use vegetables from our garden. My family really enjoys these delicious pancakes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min./batch YIELD:4 servings
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup shredded peeled potato (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1. In a sieve or colander, drain the zucchini and potato, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, flour, baking soda, salt and pepper. Stir in eggs until blended. Add the onion, garlic and zucchini mixture; toss to coat.
- 2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 308 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 159 mg cholesterol, 1,173 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC