- 3 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup shredded peeled potato (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- In a sieve or colander, drain the zucchini and potato, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, flour, baking soda, salt and pepper. Stir in eggs until blended. Add the onion, garlic and zucchini mixture; toss to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Zucchini and Potato Pancakes
"Made a double recipe, added a grated carrot (my idea) and more spice as suggested in comments, and turned mixture into a casserole coated with cooking spray. Baked mixture into a Swiss rosti pancake in a 350 oven for 40 minutes. Love the taste! Pancake is nice and moist. I served it with scallion sour cream."
"I really enjoyed these, but my boyfriend and a friend of ours said they were bland. Next time, I'll add seasoned salt, and possibly a packet of hidden valley ranch dressing powder to add some more seasoning."
"Absolutely delicious and healthy. Omitted some egg and added dill but it would have tasted delicious anyway. thanks. i'm serving with a pork roast and apple sauce."