Zucchini and Kielbasa Recipe
For a skillet supper that's hearty enough to satisfy the biggest appetites in your house, try this recipe from Norma Fick. "I like to serve this dish with corn bread muffins," reports the Decatur, Illinois cook.
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Split Rope Sausage or Polish sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion and green pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; cook until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 350 calories, 26 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,185 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC