For a skillet supper that's hearty enough to satisfy the biggest appetites in your house, try this recipe from Norma Fick. "I like to serve this dish with corn bread muffins," reports the Decatur, Illinois cook.
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion and green pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; cook until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini and Kielbasa in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p20
Reviews for Zucchini and Kielbasa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review