Zucchini and Corn-Stuffed Chicken
“This recipe honestly could not be easier to make and the flavors just burst,” writes Jenn Tidwell from Fair Oaks, California. “I like to serve it with pasta or rice.”
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, corn and 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Cut a pocket in each chicken breast. Stuff each with 1/2 cup
- zucchini mixture; secure with toothpicks.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining cheese.
- Spoon remaining zucchini mixture around chicken. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 262 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 351 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 39 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat,