Zucchini and Corn-Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, corn and 2 tablespoons cheese. Cut a pocket in each chicken breast. Stuff each with 1/2 cup zucchini mixture; secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining cheese. Spoon remaining zucchini mixture around chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 262 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 5 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Zucchini and Corn-Stuffed Chicken
"If this recipe had more flavor and did not turn out like rubber I might have tried it again. The only thing positive I can say about it was that it is a healty alternative if you don't care about taste. It is not the worst thing I have eaten but not worth making again."
"This was very colorful with the zucchini and corn. However, I would add more seasoning, and the cooking time should be increased by at least 15 minutes."
"This is an AMAZING recipe"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.