Zucchini 'n' Corn Saute Recipe
Laramie, Wyoming’s Vera Reid uses corn and peppers to add color and nutrition to this veggie side dish. “It’s so fresh and appealing and complements any meal,” she says.
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet red or green pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1. Saute zucchini and red pepper in oil in a small skillet for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the corn, garlic salt and Italian seasoning; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until corn is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup equals 112 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC