Zucchini 'n' Corn Saute
Laramie, Wyoming’s Vera Reid uses corn and peppers to add color and nutrition to this veggie side dish. “It’s so fresh and appealing and complements any meal,” she says.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet red or green pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Saute zucchini and red pepper in oil in a small skillet for 3-4
- minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the corn, garlic salt and Italian
- seasoning; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until corn is tender. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 112 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.