Zucchini 'N' Carrot Coins
Writes Donna Cline from Pensacola, Florida. "We especially enjoy Zucchini 'n' Carrot Coins this time of year, when fresh vegetables are plentiful. This colorful side dish is attractive with any meat."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute carrots in butter for 4-5 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Add the onion; cook for 1 minute. Stir in the
- remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until
- vegetables are crisp-tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 116 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.