Zucchini "Linguine" Salad Recipe
“This idea came to me from a recipe I saw for zucchini cut into noodle-like strips and dressed with a creamy sauce.” Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- 5 medium zucchini
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 large tomato, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cut the ends off of each zucchini. Using a cheese slicer or vegetable peeler, cut zucchini into thin lengthwise strips. Cut zucchini on all sides, as if peeling a carrot, until the seeds become visible. Discard seeded portion or save for another use. Cut zucchini strips into 1/4-in. widths.
- 2. Place in a strainer; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and gently toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Gently shake strainer. Drain zucchini on paper towels and pat dry.
- 3. Transfer to a large bowl; add the red pepper, tomato and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, parsley, oregano, pepper and remaining salt. Pour over zucchini mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 100 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 254 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Zucchini "Linguine" Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC