- 2 medium zucchini (about 1-1/2 pounds), shredded
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 6 eggs
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Place zucchini in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and toss. Let stand 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well; blot dry with paper towels. Meanwhile, separate eggs; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Grease a 2-1/2-qt. souffle dish; dust lightly with flour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place corn in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Cool slightly. Cut corn from cobs and place in a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add green onions and zucchini; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour, pepper and remaining salt until blended; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Add to corn; stir in cheese.
- Stir a small amount of hot zucchini mixture into egg yolks; return all to bowl, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff but not dry. With a rubber spatula, gently stir a fourth of the egg whites into zucchini mixture. Fold in remaining egg whites. Transfer to prepared dish.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until top is puffed and center appears set. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini & Sweet Corn Souffle
Sort By :
I absolutely loved the zucchini and cheese mixture in this recipe. I actually used white corn for a different taste.
This is great recipe. It took some time from start to finish (2 hours) but it was worth it.
A nice fresh taste of summer! I made this with my first zucchini of the season, and it was delicious. My tween son liked it, as did my husband and I. Boiling the corn was unnecessary--I just briefly sauteed it with the zucchini and saved a step.
Good as it comes! Wonderful souffle worth many repeats. Thanks for sharing.
Sometimes it is okay to brag... So I will take a moment to brag on my wife who prepared the lightest, most delicious, most beautiful, most unbelievable, crazy-good, melt-in-your-mouth, make your tongue jump up and slap your brain Zucchini & Sweet Corn Souffle tonight for dinner. I know for a fact that she substituted sharp cheddar cheese for the Swiss, skim milk instead of 2%, and liquid (spray) butter substitute for the butter, so the calorie, fat and nutritional info won't be exact. A nice size portion was just about 150 to 175 calories, so I had two portions! I mixed up my steamed, mixed vegetables into it on my plate. Happy day! Hope it turns out as awesome for you as it was for me! I just took the leftovers out of the fridge just to SMELL it again! I'm happier'an a tick on a fat dog!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Corn on the Cob >
- Corn Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Corn Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Carb Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Side Dish Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Squash Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Vegetarian Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Zucchini Recipes >
- Sweet Corn Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Side Dishes >
- Vegetable Side Dishes >
- Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetarian Side Dishes >
- Winning Comfort Food Recipes >
- Winning Healthy Recipes >
- Winning Side Dish Recipes >
- Winning Vegetarian Recipes >
- Zucchini Recipes >