My husband enjoys this recipe so much that he even helps me roll up the roulades! You can change the filling any way you like—I have used feta instead of Parmesan, or try sun-dried tomatoes in the place of the olives.
Featured In: 38 Low-Carb Snacks Your Family Will Love
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped Greek olives
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium zucchini
- In a small bowl, mix the first nine ingredients.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into twenty-four 1/8-in.-thick slices. On a greased grill rack, cook zucchini in batches, covered, over medium heat. Grill until tender, 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Place 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture on the end of each zucchini slice. Roll up and secure each with a toothpick. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Zucchini & Cheese Roulades in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Zucchini & Cheese Roulades
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review