- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place zucchini in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and toss. Let stand 10 minutes. Rinse and drain well. Squeeze zucchini to remove excess liquid. Pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and remaining salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in zucchini, cheeses, tomatoes and basil. Add milk; stir just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/3 cupfuls into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 22-26 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Zucchini & Cheese Drop Biscuits
Sort By :
These are delightful---something different for a change. I brought them to a function and everyone wanted the recipe. They are at their best fresh out of the oven but still good the next day.
Had these with a new crock pot chicken dinner. Chicken bombed; the biscuits were the hero...
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Biscuit Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Italian Bread Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Quick Bread Recipes >
- Scone Recipes >
- Scones >
- Squash Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Bread Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Breakfast Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Italian Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Potluck Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Squash Recipes >