These colorful little drop biscuits are very easy to put together and yet are packed full of flavor. I serve them warm out of the oven. —Keith Mesch, Mt. Healthy, Ohio
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place zucchini in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and toss. Let stand 10 minutes. Rinse and drain well. Squeeze zucchini to remove excess liquid. Pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and remaining salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in zucchini, cheeses, tomatoes and basil. Add milk; stir just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/3 cupfuls into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 22-26 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Zucchini & Cheese Drop Biscuits in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Reviews for Zucchini & Cheese Drop Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review