- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place zucchini in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and toss. Let stand 10 minutes. Rinse and drain well. Squeeze zucchini to remove excess liquid. Pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and remaining salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in zucchini, cheeses, tomatoes and basil. Add milk; stir just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/3 cupfuls into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 22-26 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Zucchini & Cheese Drop Biscuits
"These are fabulous! I tasted them right after I made them, then ate 4 of them. I'll be making these a lot!"
"I have made these biscuits multiple times for a variety of occasions. Each time they are received very well. They are a part of breakfasts buffet and with soups. I make them smaller than the recipe calls for, so the recipe makes closer to 2 dozen or more. I recommend these whole heartedly."
"love these they are so moist and tasty."
"I absolutely love these biscuits! They are delicious served with Creamy White chili. Perfection on a plate."
"These are delightful---something different for a change. I brought them to a function and everyone wanted the recipe. They are at their best fresh out of the oven but still good the next day."