Zu-Key-ni Dill Muffins Recipe
These light muffins are a favorite menu item at the historic Baldpate Inn, where I'm innkeeper and cook.—The Baldpate Inn, Lois Smith, Estes Park, Colorado
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add zucchini and stir until coated. Combine the eggs, milk and oil; stir into zucchini mixture just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 142 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC