Ziti with Vegetables Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked ziti or other medium pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; place vegetables in a steamer basket over water. Cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, combine the oil, butter, basil, marjoram, thyme and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Combine cornstarch, broth and wine or additional broth until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta and vegetables to the sauce; toss to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ziti with Vegetables(2)
Sort By :
This was OK, but next time, I think I might try fresh herbs for additional flavor.
Yum! We served this as a meatless main dish. We used a 13.25 box of whole wheat penne, had no thyme so omitted it, and used all broth and no wine. We steamed the frozen vegetables for 10 minutes in our Oster food steamer. Delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >