For her fabulous and fuss-free Ziti Supper, Elaine Spevak of Jacksonville, Florida turns to store-bought spaghetti sauce, then dresses it up with crisp veggies, olives, fresh parsley and cheese. The result? A healthy dinner entree that’s “quick to prepare and sure to please,” she reports. “This is my family’s very favorite pasta dish.” TIP: For easy variety, choose a spaghetti sauce with mini meatballs.
Recommended: 25 Foolproof Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce with meat
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, celery and garlic in oil and butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce, olives and parsley. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Drain the pasta; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ziti Supper in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p19
Reviews for Ziti Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review