Ziti Supper for Two Recipe
- 2/3 cup uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce with meat
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, celery and garlic in oil and butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, olives and parsley. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Drain pasta; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 372 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 813 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.