Ziti Supper for Two
For this fabulous, fuss-free dish, Elaine Spevak of Jacksonville, Florida turns to store-bought spaghetti sauce, then dresses it up with crisp veggies, olives, fresh parsley and cheese. The result? A healthy entree that’s “quick to prepare and sure to please,” she reports. “This is my very favorite pasta dish.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce with meat
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, celery and garlic in oil and
- butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce, olives and parsley. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until heated
- through. Drain pasta; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 372 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 813 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.