Ziti Supper for Two Recipe
- 2/3 cup uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce with meat
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, celery and garlic in oil and butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce, olives and parsley. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Drain pasta; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ziti Supper for Two(3)
Sort By :
We love this recipe. I do not use the olives. I add some drained canned mushrooms and it was great. Yummy!
Easy and delicious! I have made it twice so far and will keep this recipe around to make regularly.
If you are on a low salt diet, this is not the recipe for you. This recipe has more salt than is necessary for anyone.