For her fabulous and fuss-free Ziti Supper, Elaine Spevak of Jacksonville, Florida turns to store-bought spaghetti sauce, then dresses it up with crisp veggies, olives, fresh parsley and cheese. The result? A healthy dinner entree that’s “quick to prepare and sure to please,” she reports. “This is my family’s very favorite pasta dish.” TIP: For easy variety, choose a spaghetti sauce with mini meatballs.
Recommended: 25 Foolproof Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce with meat
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, celery and garlic in oil and butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce, olives and parsley. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Drain the pasta; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ziti Supper in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p19
Reviews for Ziti Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2013
"Really good and easy! Everyone in my family of five loved it."