Ziti Lasagna Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook ziti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Drain pasta. Spread half of the meat sauce in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with half of the ziti, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
1 piece: 437 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 613mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein
Reviews for Ziti Lasagna
"this just did not work. my husband who will eat almost anything didn't even like it."