“Most lasagnas have too much salt and fat for me, so I came up with this version,” notes Dorothea Rickner of Rochester, New York. “It’s fairly easy to prepare and goes great with a salad and toasted garlic bread.”
- 2 cups uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- Cook ziti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Spread half of the meat sauce in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with half of the ziti, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Ziti Lasagna in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p64
Reviews for Ziti Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2012
"this just did not work. my husband who will eat almost anything didn't even like it."