Ziti Bake Recipe
Many of my casserole recipes have been frowned upon by my children, but they give a cheer when they hear we're having Baked Ziti for supper. I've tried to incorporate more meatless meals into our menus. No one misses the meat in this one. Even the leftovers are well-liked.—Charity Burkholder, Pittsboro, Indiana.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3 cups uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1-3/4 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, egg, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Drain pasta; stir into cheese mixture.
- 2. In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, spread 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce. Top with pasta mixture, remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC