Ziti Bake Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1-3/4 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, egg, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Drain pasta; stir into cheese mixture.
- In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, spread 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce. Top with pasta mixture, remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ziti Bake(10)
Sort By :
I really loved this recipe. It was quick and easy. I did, however, substitute the hamburger for Italian Pork Sausage for different flavor.
Excellent Recipe, easy to make, our family including little one love it.
My family absolutely loved this recipe!!!! And it was so easy to fix! The only change I made to this recipe was that I put it in a 9-inch baking dish; instead of, an 8-inch. I served the Baked Ziti with fried chicken tenders. Delicious!!!!
This is a great recipe--quick and easy to assemble. I made this a few days ago and everyone liked it. The only change i made was that I made my own sauce instead of using jarred sauce. Came out wonderful and the kids even reheated the leftovers later that day.
Wonderful. Defiantly a keeper. Added sausage and a pinch of red pepper flake.