Ziti Bake Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1-3/4 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, egg, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Drain pasta; stir into cheese mixture.
- In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, spread 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce. Top with pasta mixture, remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ziti Bake(12)
Sort By :
This is like combining spaghetti, lasagna and pizza into one mouthwatering dish! I needed to make dinner for 6 teenagers so I added an extra cup of cottage cheese, a box of frozen spinach and pepperoni to extend the dish to a 11x9 dish. It got rave reviews and the dish was complete eaten. Adults and teens alike will like this dish!
I made this for family and friends for the time and everyone loved it! I will definitely use this recipe again. I did change it up a little bit ...I used 16 oz of cottage cheese, a 2 cup bag of cheese, 26 oz of sauce in the mixture and an 8 oz can was used for the bottom of the pan and poured on top before going in the oven. Also, I added 2 chicken breasts that I sliced up (just small enough to cook it faster) and sautéed it using Adobo w/ pepper by GOYA (or your favorite all season salt) & avocado oil (or olive oil). Finally, I chopped up the chicken and some sliced ham and added it to the mixture.
I really loved this recipe. It was quick and easy. I did, however, substitute the hamburger for Italian Pork Sausage for different flavor.
Excellent Recipe, easy to make, our family including little one love it.
My family absolutely loved this recipe!!!! And it was so easy to fix! The only change I made to this recipe was that I put it in a 9-inch baking dish; instead of, an 8-inch. I served the Baked Ziti with fried chicken tenders. Delicious!!!!