Zippy Zucchini Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute zucchini and garlic in oil until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- 2. Add the tomatoes, parsley, oregano and pepper flakes; heat through. Drain pasta; serve with zucchini mixture. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup equals 412 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Zippy Zucchini Pasta
"Made it tonight and just ate it!! Very easy to make, really yummy with complex flavors that seem like it took hours to cook! Nice and spicy - I used 1/3 tsp red pepper flakes along with everything else mentioned in the recipe and I'd say it's a good 6-7 out of 10 on a spicy scale!"
"Very tasty! A great way to use the abundance of zucchini we have every summer. My hubby doesn't care much for pasta, but he loved this!"
"My entire family loves this pasta! Even the kids. I add smoked sausage to it and I use the celantro and lime Mexican tomatoes and squeeze fresh line juice over the dish when plated. Amazing!!!"
"Very easy to make & I used linguine since that is all I had on hand. A good way to use up zucchini!!"
"This dish was very easy to make and had a great taste! Next time I make it I may add some chicken to it!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.