A colorful combination of zucchini and zippy canned tomatoes is delicious over quick-cooking angel hair pasta. We like the extra zest from crushed red pepper flakes. —Kathleen Timberlake, Dearborn Heights, Michigan
- 1 package (7 ounces) angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute zucchini and garlic in oil until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, oregano and pepper flakes; heat through. Drain pasta; serve with zucchini mixture. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Zucchini Pasta in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Zippy Zucchini Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review