- 1 package (7 ounces) angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute zucchini and garlic in oil until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, oregano and pepper flakes; heat through. Drain pasta; serve with zucchini mixture. Yield: 3 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Zippy Zucchini Pasta
"This is a delicious recipe and one of our family faves since I started subscribing in 1998! Still have the actual cut-out recipe from the original published magazine and will cherish it! I use the tomates with diced chiles since it has some extra "zip" and I'm not crazy about the cumin-ish taste in the Mexican tomatoes."
"This was good, but a bit too spicy for our taste. Next time, I would either use plain canned tomatoes or eliminate the pepper flakes."
"My SO has been making something similar to this for years--he adds regular diced tomatoes, oregano, sweet basil and thyme to give it more of an Italian flavor, and serve over spaghetti noodles. We call it Zucchini spaghetti"
"Made it tonight and just ate it!! Very easy to make, really yummy with complex flavors that seem like it took hours to cook! Nice and spicy - I used 1/3 tsp red pepper flakes along with everything else mentioned in the recipe and I'd say it's a good 6-7 out of 10 on a spicy scale!*UPDATE* We now make this regularly and add chicken - diced to the same size as the zucchini - and it's a full hearty meal all in one!"
"Very tasty! A great way to use the abundance of zucchini we have every summer. My hubby doesn't care much for pasta, but he loved this!"
"My entire family loves this pasta! Even the kids. I add smoked sausage to it and I use the celantro and lime Mexican tomatoes and squeeze fresh line juice over the dish when plated. Amazing!!!"
"Very easy to make & I used linguine since that is all I had on hand. A good way to use up zucchini!!"