Zippy White Chili Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Low-fat tortilla chips, optional
- 1. In a saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute chicken and onion until juices run clear; drain if desired. Stir in broth, chilies, garlic powder, oregano, cilantro and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- 2. Stir in beans; cook 10 minutes longer. Serve over tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 235 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 428mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Zippy White Chili
"Easy to make and very tasty. I might add some corn next time"