- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Low-fat tortilla chips, optional
- In a saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute chicken and onion until juices run clear; drain if desired. Stir in broth, chilies, garlic powder, oregano, cilantro and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in beans; cook 10 minutes longer. Serve over tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zippy White Chili in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p57
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Zippy White Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 29, 2009
"Easy to make and very tasty. I might add some corn next time"