"This chunky chicken chili doesn't require any fancy preparation or exotic ingredients," notes Jenny Schmidtbauer of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. "I like to serve the zesty mixture over crunchy tortilla chips," she adds.
Recommended: Top 10 Dinner Recipes Under 500 Calories
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Low-fat tortilla chips, optional
- In a saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute chicken and onion until juices run clear; drain if desired. Stir in broth, chilies, garlic powder, oregano, cilantro and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in beans; cook 10 minutes longer. Serve over tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zippy White Chili in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p57
Reviews for Zippy White Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 29, 2009
"Easy to make and very tasty. I might add some corn next time"