Served wtih tortilla chips, this zippy salsa won't last long. The mix of melon, black beans and jalapeno will be a hit at any outdoor get-together. You might want to make an extra batch! —Iola Egle, Bella Vista, Arkansas
- 2 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 3/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Drain if necessary before serving. Serve with chips. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Watermelon Salsa in Taste of Home June/July 2009, p48
Reviews for Zippy Watermelon Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2011
"I love how easy this was to throw together and I got several requests for the recipe, which I take as a good sign. :)"
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2011
"This is a wonderful recipe. It's so tasty and refreshing!"