A blend of tender vegetables adds garden-fresh goodness to this hearty soup from Michelle Nichol of Bedford, Nova Scotia. "You can give it extra zip by using spicier salsa," she notes.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 4 teaspoons fat-free sour cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, green pepper and carrot in oil until tender. Add the beans, tomatoes, water and salsa.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Top each serving with a teaspoon of sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Vegetable Soup in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p15
Reviews for Zippy Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review