Zippy Vegetable Chili Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring onions, peppers and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, salsa and seasonings; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes. Add beans and corn; simmer 5 minutes longer or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Garnish each serving with cheese. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup: 157 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 946mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 6g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Zippy Vegetable Chili
"My family was looking for a meatless chili and love this recipe. I sauted minced garlic with the peppers instead of using the garlic powder, just because that is what we had. This is a quick meal that everyone enjoys."
"Just loved this! So easy! A wonderful dish to have available for a quick, healthy lunch. I used fresh salsa, 1 can Rotel and 1 can diced tomatoes and was very happy with the spiciness. I usually have all these ingredients on hand and will definitely be making this again! Thanks, Patricia!"