Zippy Tuna Salad Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash celery salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Combine pineapple, tuna, eggs, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine reserved pineapple juice, mayonnaise, mustard and seasonings. Add to tuna mixture; mix well. Chill. Add pecans just before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
1/2 cup: 260 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein
Reviews for Zippy Tuna Salad
"There is nothing "zippy" about this tuna salad. I'm sorry for saying this, but, I thought this was "the worst" tasting tuna salad I have ever made. I wish I would of made a tuna casserole rather than making this sandwich!!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.