Zippy Tuna Salad Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash celery salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Combine pineapple, tuna, eggs, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine reserved pineapple juice, mayonnaise, mustard and seasonings. Add to tuna mixture; mix well. Chill. Add pecans just before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
1/2 cup: 260 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein .
Reviews for Zippy Tuna Salad
"There is nothing "zippy" about this tuna salad. I'm sorry for saying this, but, I thought this was "the worst" tasting tuna salad I have ever made. I wish I would of made a tuna casserole rather than making this sandwich!!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.