Zippy Tuna Salad Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash celery salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Combine pineapple, tuna, eggs, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine reserved pineapple juice, mayonnaise, mustard and seasonings. Add to tuna mixture; mix well. Chill. Add pecans just before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 260 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.