- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash celery salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Combine pineapple, tuna, eggs, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine reserved pineapple juice, mayonnaise, mustard and seasonings. Add to tuna mixture; mix well. Chill. Add pecans just before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Zippy Tuna Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1997, p54
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Zippy Tuna Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review