Zippy Tomato-Topped Snapper
Seafood fans will be more than satisfied by Mary Anne Zimmerman's pleasantly zesty entree for two. “Serve the fish fillets with a salad and baked potato, and it's a balanced meal in itself,” she notes from Silver Springs, Florida.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 red snapper fillet (3/4 pound), cut in half
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- Sprinkle both sides of red snapper with lemon-pepper and salt. Place
- in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, celery, parsley and celery seed; spoon
- over snapper.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 179 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 643 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 5 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.