Zippy Tomato-Topped Snapper Recipe
- 1 red snapper fillet (3/4 pound), cut in half
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1. Sprinkle both sides of red snapper with lemon-pepper and salt. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 2. Combine the tomatoes, onion, celery, parsley and celery seed; spoon over snapper.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 179 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 643 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 5 lean meat.
Reviews for Zippy Tomato-Topped Snapper
"This was super easy to make & the tomatoes with chiles was that great extra kick! I used swai fillets and wasn't disappointed! Here's my full blog post: http://heatskitchen.blogspot.com/2015/02/fish-with-tangy-tomatoes.html"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.