Zippy Tomato Soup
I'll often add cooked macaroni, vegetables or cooked ground beef to this soup to make an easy one-pot meal. It's a zesty change of pace from regular tomato soup.Ardith Morton, Merriman, Nebraska
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 quarts tomato juice
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or cilantro
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a 3-qt. saucepan; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add parsley.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 45 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 986 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.