Zippy Tomato Soup Recipe
I'll often add cooked macaroni, vegetables or cooked ground beef to this soup to make an easy one-pot meal. It's a zesty change of pace from regular tomato soup.—Ardith Morton, Merriman, Nebraska
- 2 quarts tomato juice
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1. Combine the first seven ingredients in a 3-qt. saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 45 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 986mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Zippy Tomato Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC