Zippy Three-Bean Bake Recipe
I've come across many recipes for baked beans through the years, but none have the right amount of "kick." I created this recipe from several different ideas I've gathered over time. It's my husband's favorite.
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, partially cook the bacon. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute onion and garlic until tender. In a large bowl, combine the beans, onion mixture and bacon. Stir in the brown sugar, ketchup, mustard, chili powder and pepper.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 332 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 1004mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 11g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Zippy Three-Bean Bake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC