I've come across many recipes for baked beans through the years, but none have the right amount of "kick." I created this recipe from several different ideas I've gathered over time. It's my husband's favorite.
Recommended: 50 Easy Weeknight Dinners
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, partially cook the bacon. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute onion and garlic until tender. In a large bowl, combine the beans, onion mixture and bacon. Stir in the brown sugar, ketchup, mustard, chili powder and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Three-Bean Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p232
Reviews for Zippy Three-Bean Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review