Zippy Steak Chili Recipe
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) chili starter
- Shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onion and sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook steak and onion in oil over medium heat until meat is browned. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- 2. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine tomatoes and chili starter. Stir in beef mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with cheese, onion and sour cream if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 275 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 1127mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Zippy Steak Chili
"This is a very good and very spicy chili. It is quick and easy to throw together before leaving for work in the morning."
"At the end of the recipe, it said to use Bush's chili Starter. I googled Bush's products and this is what I found....http://www.bushbeans.com/products/otherbeans.php Scroll down until you find the chili Magic Starter. You have to add meat and tomato the description says...and it shows a picture of the product. I hope this helps. Well, you will have to cut & paste...I can't get it to make a link...sorry.... I have never used this product but LOVE Bush's products. I use the medium chili Beans seen on the above page. The only beans I'll use to make chili. "