Zippy Steak Chili Recipe
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) chili starter
- Shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onion and sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook steak and onion in oil over medium heat until meat is browned. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- 2. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine tomatoes and chili starter. Stir in beef mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with cheese, onion and sour cream if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Bush's Traditional Chili Starter.
1 cup: 275 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 1127mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Zippy Steak Chili
"At the end of the recipe, it said to use Bush's chili Starter. I googled Bush's products and this is what I found....http://www.bushbeans.com/products/otherbeans.php Scroll down until you find the chili Magic Starter. You have to add meat and tomato the description says...and it shows a picture of the product. I hope this helps. Well, you will have to cut & paste...I can't get it to make a link...sorry.... I have never used this product but LOVE Bush's products. I use the medium chili Beans seen on the above page. The only beans I'll use to make chili. "