- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) chili starter
- Shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onion and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook steak and onion in oil over medium heat until meat is browned. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine tomatoes and chili starter. Stir in beef mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with cheese, onion and sour cream if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Steak Chili in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p55
Reviews for Zippy Steak Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2008
"At the end of the recipe, it said to use Bush's chili Starter. I googled Bush's products and this is what I found....http://www.bushbeans.com/products/otherbeans.php Scroll down until you find the chili Magic Starter. You have to add meat and tomato the description says...and it shows a picture of the product. I hope this helps. Well, you will have to cut & paste...I can't get it to make a link...sorry.... I have never used this product but LOVE Bush's products. I use the medium chili Beans seen on the above page. The only beans I'll use to make chili. "