Zippy Slow-Cooked Chili Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) vegetarian chili with beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the tomatoes, onion, green pepper, chili, tomato sauce, chili powder, parsley, basil, cumin, garlic, oregano, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese and chives before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 266 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 759mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 8g fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Zippy Slow-Cooked Chili
"This is my go-to recipe for Chili. I usually double the recipe and cook it a little longer. It is great as leftovers also!"