Zippy Skillet Rice Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute rice in butter for 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Add the green pepper, onion and garlic. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the tomatoes, pimientos, chili powder, salt, pepper and turmeric. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 209 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 585 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Zippy Skillet Rice
"This was very delicious! I added one 8oz can of tomato sauce and it wasn't dry at all. Great flavor."
"Only fair. Somewhat dry."