This so-simple spice rub is how I add smoky flavor and a nice texture to sirloin tip steak. — Lisa Finnegan, Forked River, New Jersey
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef sirloin tip steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Rub over both sides of beef. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Sirloin Steak in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p85
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Zippy Sirloin Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2013