- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef sirloin tip steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Rub over both sides of beef. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Zippy Sirloin Steak
Sort By :