Delicate shrimp picks up fabulous flavor when it's sauteed in chicken broth mixed with garlic and ripe olives in this entree from our Test Kitchen.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 10 medium pitted ripe olives, finely chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large nonstick skillet, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring
- to a boil; cook until mixture is reduced by half. Add shrimp.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink,
- stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 113 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 498 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a