Zippy Shrimp Spread Recipe
Horseradish adds kick to the seafood sauce in this shrimp spread from Leigh Hein, Vernon, Connecticut. "It's a must a Christmas, New Year's Eve and other special occasions," she notes.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- Minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce and onion powder. Spread onto a 13-in. platter.
- 2. Combine seafood sauce and horseradish; spread over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with shrimp and parsley. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Zippy Shrimp Spread
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2015
"quick, and delicious dish to bring to a party"
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2010
"I used 12 ounces of frozen salad shrimp instead. Very easy and very tasty."
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2010
"quick and easy. A good standby recipe!! I soaked the shrimp in saltwater and then rinsed to avoid any fishiness - perfect."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC